Sunday, May 30, 2010

Oh Hyrum

Where do I start with all that Hyrum has done recently? He is so, so so cute and so, so, so mischievous. I can't tell you how many times he each day he elates me and makes me want to cry. Nonetheless, I have to say that he is a sweetheart, and I love him so much!!!

I have a ton of stories to tell about Hyrum. I'm disappointed that I haven't written more of these stories. I really want to get caught up here so that I can sit down whenever he does something cute and type it up. I am going to try and do better. One of the fun things about Hyrum is that he has the cutest little voice. He talks so clearly and has a ton to say. He recently started saying, "What's the big idea?" when we do something he doesn't like, and if he can't see something he says, "I can't see a thing in this place." Just right now, while I'm typing, I hear him singing, "Scooby Dooby Doo, I see you, We got some things to do now." 

We never know what Hyrum will say or do. The other day we were helping Michael's grandparents move out of their house in Cleveland. Michael took Hyrum out to the car for some reason. When they got out there, Hyrum exclaimed, "I want my topter tockter." Michael being the smart parent that he is quickly realized that he wanted his toy helicopter. Also Hyrum loves watching TV and movies. Whenever you put in a video, Hyrum says, "Da Da Da, Coming soon, On DVD." He is very dramatic. When he cries he cries with his whole body. His shoulders slump in, his chin drops to his chest, and he hunches over. When he's happy, he's happy with his whole body too. He often adds a skip in his step and has a smile that lights up the room. He also now sees the cougars as being something bad rather than something good like the rest of the family. For about six months now, whenever you ask Hyrum a why question, he says, "Because the cougars." Well for awhile, whenever he'd say that, I'd say, "Darn those cougars," which I guess led Hyrum to believe they were bad guys. Hyrum has also started hitting himself in the head when things don't go well and says, "Dang it! Daddy says, 'Cheese pas,' Mommy." He's quite the character.

As I stated, Hyrum is very mischievous. Within 24 hours, Hyrum dumped nearly an entire bathtub full of water down on the floor that seeped through the floor and down onto the kitchen ceiling, which is now in desperate need of repair. He also took all the water 2 liter water bottles we have down in the basement and dumped those on to the floor. Fortunately there is a drain down there, but I still wasn't too happy about that.

Nonetheless, Hyrum loves his brothers. He loves trying to make Jacob laugh. Those two will often just get in each other's face and giggle and giggle and giggle. He also loves Alden and Thobe. He always wants to do what they are doing. It's so much fun to watch them all play together. He and Thobe sometimes butt heads, but for the most part, they get along well. The other day, Thobe was lying down, and Hyrum bit Thobe's hair and said, "Mmm delicious! I love hair."

Hyrum is most definitely a love hate kind of guy. The other day he said the prayer and in the middle of it, he said, "Thank you for the blueberries--I hate blueberries. Thank you for my Daddy--I love my daddy. Thank you for Jacob--I love Jacob...." It was very cute. Also right after he dumped the water out of the bathtub, we were sitting in the kitchen. Hyrum and I had the following conversation:

Hyrum: Mom, I hate our house.

Me: Why do you hate our house, Hy? I love our house.

Hyrum (pointing to the ceiling): I hate our house because it' s broken.

Me: Why is our house broken? Who broke it?

Hyrum: Hyrum.....it needs two batteries, Mom. Then we can fix it.

If only it were that easy.

Despite Hyrum's mischievousness and running away from me (the other day I chased him all around a gigantic home improvement store--I finally had  to leave Jacob in a shopping cart in a corner and chase down Hyrum) and his at times bossy temperament (he often tells me "Leave me alone, Mom" or "Get out of here!"), he is incredibly sweet and very hard to stay mad at. After dumping all those two liter bottles, he came up to me, wrapped his little arms around my neck, and said, "I love you too, Mom. Are you still angry with me?"

Needless to say, I didn't stay too mad too long.

0 comments: