Sunday, May 16, 2010

Alden's Piano Recital & Birthday

I no longer know how to post video on my blog anymore, so I uploaded Alden's piano recital performance onto YouTube. I'll post the link here. I do have to say that it was awesome. Alden has been taking piano lessons for 8 months. At the end of March his piano teacher gave him this piece an another piece to learn for this recital today (May 16). The song that he played today had 2 flats and some tricky rhythms. When I saw the piece, I honestly thought it was a bit unreasonable. However, Alden practiced both pieces really hard and was able to memorize them. He played "Private Eyes" today for his recital (this was the harder of the two pieces) and will play "Little Cub's Dance" at his school talent show where he was chosen to be one of 15 performers. I'm so proud of him right now.

Here is the link to his piano recital.

By the way, he had a great birthday yesterday. He woke up in Columbus (Michael and I did an early morning temple session with the stake), and then came back to Lima, and met a few of his friends at Chuck E. Cheese. Michael's parents also met us there, and we all had a great time. After the party, we came back to the house where Alden finished opening the rest of his presents. Grandpa and Abuelita went back to Toledo, and we went to Alden's favorite Mexican restaurant, La Charriada. They sang Happy Birthday to him in Spanish and let him wear a big sombraro. The only downside to Alden was that there was a drunk guy there making a fool out of himself. Alden found that very disturbing. When we got home, I pulled out his scrapbook and told him about the day he was born and when he was little. It was so special. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who gave me Alden as a son. He is an amazing boy. I am sad that he's growing up so quickly, but I'm also so pleased to see the boy he's becoming. He's going to do great things!!! He gets baptized on July3. We're very excited!












Silly Brothers











Alden's Light Saber Cake (A Melissa Masterpiece)--Chris started laughing when she saw it, but I was proud of it.











Happy 8th Birthday, Alden!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy birthday, Alden!!! He did a fantastic job at his recital!

Lisa Alger said...

He did a great job at the recital. So talented, as is his mother. I liked the cake. Well done!!