Friday, January 9, 2009

Thanksgiving

We planned to have Thanksgiving at our house with Michael's parents and grandparents. Michael's mom, being the the thoughtful, adroit person that she is, recognized that I might not be up to hosting Thanksgiving and called and offered to host it herself. I hadn't thought about the challenge of such an undertaking before, but when she brought it up and made her generous offer, I felt very grateful and even more thankful on Thanksgiving day when I felt miserable most of the day. It was very fun to spend Thanksgiving with Michael's parents and grandparents as well as our good friends, Bob and Kathy Deck and Seana Beavers. The next day, Michael and the boys went with Michael's dad to the Toledo Rockets game to watch the Rockets play my Falcolns. They had a great time, despite Toledo's poor performance.

Perhaps my favorite part about our Thanksgiving was watching the boys interact with the grandparents. As usual, they had a wonderful time with their Grandpa and Abuelita, but they also were able to play with their great grandparents. We loved hearing their stories and songs and building memories that will last for generations. Families really are wonderful. I'm so grateful for both my family and Michael's family.

Perhaps our most exciting news about our Thanks giving, however, is that Alden lost his first tooth. He was pretty excited about it and was especially thrilled about his tooth fairy visit. He's quite the silly boy. We sure do love him.

0 comments: