Thursday, May 1, 2014

Something Hyrum will hate me for in the future

Back in March, Diane and Doug decided that for their kids' spring break, they would leave the 70 degree weather in Hurricane, Utah, and come and visit us in the snow covered tundra of Michigan (they were able to see a lot more snow in one day than they had probably seen the entire winter--Doug even got to try out our snow blower). We had the BEST time with them!!! They arrived late, late Saturday night (some might call 2 AM Sunday morning) and stayed until the following Friday. We loved every minute of their visit. The boys were in heaven having their cousins here to play with them 24 hours a day, and they adored baby Airika (who really isn't too much of a baby anymore--she just turned 3).

I personally relished having my sister here and so appreciated all the projects that she and Doug did around my house (we painted my vaulted ceiling entryway and living room, and Doug installed lights and ceiling fan in my 18 food ceiling). I so appreciated them coming and was so sad to have them leave.

On Monday night, we thought it would be fun to go bowling for Family Home Evening. We had such a fun time, and the kids enjoyed riding with their cousins in the way back home. Michael and I ended up with Bridger and Hyrum in our car. Michael stepped out of the car to gas up, while I sat and listened to Bridger and Hyrum's conversation. It went something like this:

Bridger: I really need some new DS games.

Hyrum: Well, actually, you don't need DS games; you just want new DS games. Wants and needs are two different things. And actually.... electronics are kind of a bad thing.

Bridger: No, they aren't.

Hyrum: Yes, they are. When you play electronics you can get distracted, and when you're distracted, sometimes you can poop your pants....at least that is what happens to me and my brother Thobe.

I actually didn't hear the rest of the conversation because I was laughing so hard. Typically, this little insight that Hyrum shared hasn't been a laughing matter for me. However, hearing this explained in such a fashion really made me laugh. At least he is aware of the problem...right?






1 comments:

Lisa Alger said...

Too funny - yeah might be something he's embarrassed about in the future - kind of like my falling asleep on the toilet picture when I was little ;-).