Thursday, May 1, 2014

Robbers and Teddy Bears

Jacob in his robber shirt posing with Ruffy Junior
Jacob is 4 years old, and I can hardly believe how quickly the time has passed. He is seriously so cute and adorable and makes us laugh every single day. I really can't get over how cute he is. He loves to play and be silly. He is always asking me if he is my silliest kid. Despite that, he is also very snuggly, tender and loving.

To illustrate, a few weeks ago, Michael was lying on the couch, curled up in a blanket. Jacob came up to Michael and climbed in the covers with him. In his gentle, cuddly and awfully sweet voice, he suggested, "Papi, you be the daddy, and I'll be the teddy bear." He then nestled himself right into his Papi's arms and snuggled away.

Jacob is also very thoughtful. He will often say things that surprise us. For example, he and I were driving back from school when Jacob asked me, "Mom why do robbers like money so much?" 

This caught me off guard. I told him that they probably aren't happy and that they think that money will buy them things, which they think will make them happy. I told him, "But you know Jacob, money can't buy happiness." 

Jacob was quiet for a minute, and then announced, "Mom, I'm kind of like the robbers." 

I was surprised by this announcement and said, "Oh really, why is that?"

Jacob confidently added, "Because we both love money."

Apparently Jacob's priorities are not quite where I thought they were.

2 comments:

Lisa Alger said...

So nice to have a snuggler.

Unknown said...

this is so good