Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Monday Madness


I wonder if life will ever slow down? I love life the way it is, but I feel like we're constantly running. I feel like I try to get to everywhere I need to go on time, but that I'm constantly late. I just need to plan better. I think I'm still trying to balance a fourth baby--at least that's my current excuse. I hate that I'm chronically late--I don't remember what my excuse was before I had kids, but I'm sure I had one. It was probably just me trying to cram too much into my day. I wonder if I'll ever get that and be able to master everything. I've heard it gets worse as your kids get older. Yikes is all that I have to say about that!


In all seriousness though, we've really been blessed over the past few months. Michael recently started a chapter of the J. Reuban Clark Society here in Ohio. He's worked very hard on it and has done a phenomenal job with it. Conference weekend, he was invited to go out to a J. Reuban Clark Society conference, which he loved every minute of. He got to see old friends, including one of his old seminary students, spend time with his sister and her family, go to a BYU game, and attend a session of General Conference. It was really fun for him. I knew that being home with four kids by myself for five days wasn't go to be great, so I finally got Amy (my youngest sister) her graduation present and flew her out to spend time with me (I'm still wondering how much of a present it was if I was the one who benefited the most from it). Anyway, we had a great time together. People have often asked me if we are twins, which I find very flattering considering I'm 12 years older than she is. This time, when we were playing racquetball, the lady at the YMCA asked me if she was my sister or daughter--I didn't find the daughter comment to be quite so flattering. Oh well. She's a great person and example to me. I really love her so much!


We have also been busy trying to figure out how to raise four boys and with diapers and soccer practice and piano lessons and homework and PTS and college football and learning Primary program songs and seminary. Michael is such an incredible seminary teacher. I can't believe what a great job he does. He has really had a lot of compliments this year. He even had the Lima News Paper come and do a story on his class this week. I will post the link here when the story is published. I'm so very lucky to be married to the coolest guy in the world. I love him so much!

0 comments: