Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Stay-At-Home Pals

Hyrum has done really well with the boys being at school. He is such a stinker and so cute!!! I told Michael the other day that I don't know if any of our boys can make me laugh as much as Hyrum does (they all make me laugh and bring an equal amount of joy to my life--but Hyrum is hilarious). That being said, I don't know if any of our boys can frustrate me as much as he does too. He really knows how to push my buttons. He loves getting in to things and is very, very strong willed. He knows exactly what he wants, and if he doesn't get it, well, you'd better watch out. Today he had to sit in time out during Sacrament meeting on two different occasions.  He is still learning not to hit me and Thobe and the meaning of the word "No, Hyrum." He is also very polite. After he hits someone, he'll often go up to them and kiss them where he hit them and say, "I'm sorry, (insert the person's name)." He is very good at saying, "Thank you" and "Your Welcome." We have a lot of people comment on how polite he is. I guess it's his way of masking his mischievousness. The other thing that always, well almost always, gets him out of trouble is when he says, "Mom, I lub you," in his most matter of fact voice. That is almost always followed by a very sweet, slobbery kiss.


He always wants to know how thing work and is constantly studying things. He asks, "Why?" constantly and is always trying to take things apart. We always have pieces of flashlights, pens, and our laundry hamper scattered throughout our house. Hyrum recognizes most numbers up to 10, although all colors are blue and all letters are E. He absolutely adores Jacob. He always wants to know where Jacob is if he's not with me. When Michael holds Jacob, Hyrum tells Michael, "No, it's Mommy's." When I hold Jacob though, Hyrum tells me that Jacob is his Jacob and then he says, "I kiss it? I kiss the baby Jacob?" He is very, very protective of his baby brother and is constantly making sure that he his bottle (his pacifier).

My two favorite things about Hyrum are his sense of humor and his love for music. Hyrum says the funniest things. One night when Eric and Michelle were in town, we left the three older boys with Michelle and Eric's kids. Hyrum and Elijah are best pals (they look a lot alike too). Anyway, Elijah and Charity were asking Hyrum what his name is, and Hyrum told them that his name is Hamburger, Grandpa Hamburger to be exact. I have no idea where he got that from, but now, whenever you ask Hyrum what his name is, he'll tell you it's Hamburger. He even tells complete strangers that his name is Grandpa Hamburger. He loves to put his clothes on in silly ways and make up silly names for things. He talks really, really well and knows how to manipulate his words to make things even more funny. He loves it when I tickle his back or rub lotion on his arms and legs. Whenever I do any one of those things, he says, "Oooo, I like it." He'll often tickle my arm and say, "Ahhh, you like it, the tickles, Mom? You like the tickles?" He makes me laugh.

As I mentioned he also loves to sing. I'll often hear him working on something singing, "I Am a Child of God," "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "C is for Cookie" or any number of songs. I sing songs with the kids in the nursery, and Hyrum gets so happy to sing when I come in. He is constantly telling us which songs we should sing next. I love that he'll just walk around the house singing his little heart out.

Jacob, my other little stay-at-home buddy, is such a terrific baby. Michael and I were talking today how he has never been inconsolable. It seems like every time he sees me, his eyes light up and he gets a huge smile on his face. Often when we're staring at him, he'll stick his tongue out at me because he wants to play our tongue game where I stick out my tongue and then he sticks his out. He loves to coo at me and Michael. He loves to copy the sounds we make. He even will try to copy the sounds of "Hola." He smiles so much and often lets out one little giggle. He's just so amazing. I do think that he's also our biggest baby that we've had. When I took him to his two month appointment he weighed a whopping 13 pounds 8 oz and was 24 inches long. That put him in the 95th percentile for his weight and the 85th percentile for his length. He sleeps well, he eats well, and he poops well. He's snuggly and cute and so much fun. I'm a rested, happy Momma. I feel so bless to have a baby as good as Jacob is. I actually just feel so blessed to have all four of my boys. They're really amazing.
I just wanted to also include a picture of Jacob each month to chart his growth. It's pretty amazing to see how much he's grown.
 
Wee Little Jacob at 1 Week

 
Bigger Jacob at 1 Month

 
Momma's Big Two Month Old

1 comments:

Lisa Alger said...

So cute!! They grow up so fast.