Sunday, June 14, 2009

Only 10 Days Until Baby

So life has been crazy here around the Monday house. I have only 10 more days until my c-section is scheduled. Last night I was having regular, painful, but non-debilitating contractions every 5 1/2 minutes (yes, I did finally time them, Mom and Dad) from about 8:30 until I went to bed at 11:30. I hoped that maybe I was going into labor and that I would be able to forgo the c-section all together (I was in labor on petocin for a lot of hours with Alden and a couple days with Thobe and just never dilated, so I scheduled a c-section with Hyrum and have done the same with this baby). Anyway, I ended up sleeping fairly well last night, despite the contractions and heart burn, and when I woke up, my contractions were over. I guess the good thing is that I saved my mom $110 from having to change her plane ticket. I am more ready for this pregancy to be over than any other pregnancy. Part of it is that I'm very excited to see what kind of baby is growing inside of me. I am very excited. It's so much fun to hear the boys talk about and ask questions about Baby Tickle. Alden tells everyone that he's sure this baby is a girl because he knew Hyrum was a boy, and he was right (what he doesn't tell them is that we found out at the ultrasound that he was a boy and that before that he was sure he was a girl). Michael and I have discussed names. We have a long list of girls' names that we love (FINALLY), and a much shorter list of boys' names that we like. If the baby is a girl we will likely name her Joanna (we're unsure of her middle name), and if it's a boy, well, we're leaning toward Jacob but that might be too common for us Mondays. Both of these names have family significance which I will discuss in further detail if we decide to go with either name. I'm even more excited for this pregnancy to be over because it's been a difficult pregnancy. I seriously still get very nausiated and weak for at least an hour every day--STILL. If I get hot, eat too much salt or sugar, or sit or stand for an extended period of time my fingers look like hot dogs and my toes like Vienna sausages. My ankles are always fat, and all my shoes hurt my feet because they have become too small. As a matter of fact, today when we were on our way to church, we had to turn around because I forgot my shoes simply because it's always the last thing I do before leaving the house. My emotions have also been very mercurial. I feel like I lose my temper way too easily. I must admit that my first week of summer with trying to establish a few routines before the baby is born consisted of me just yelling at the kids. I don't know how those sweet boys remain so sweet. Things have gotten a lot better, but I really want to be a patient, kind and loving mom and often fail miserably. Whenever I start feeling overwhelmed, I don't have to look very far to realize how blessed I am to be able to have four children, especially if the fourth baby is as incredible as my first three boys. Despite the challenges of being pregnant, I wouldn't trade this great gift of motherhood for anything. I love being a mom. I love my kids. They teach me, they encourage me, and they love me. Motherhood does not come without sacrifice, but it's so worth it. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my children and the opportunity that our family has to have another spirit in our lives. What a great blessing! I truly am very excited!

Lindsay, my sister-in-law told me that I need to post a picture of myself pregnant before my pregnancy is over--so here you go, Linds (Alden took the first picture and Thobe took the next picture). When I tried on my shirt today, Michael told me that he really liked it. I said, "Thanks, but don't you think it makes me look fat from the side." Before he could answer, I said, "Oh yeah, wait a second, I am fat right now." We both laughed. That's the other thing that I love about pregnancy--it's the only time since I was a young girl that I don't stress about looking fat. Do I really want this to be over?????

5 comments:

Leisa said...

Woohoo!! Your SO close!!! :) It will be so exciting for you to have another little one at home! :) Good Luck with everything!! love, heather hokanson

Kristi said...

You are too funny. You ARE a wonderful mom. You wouldn't be human if you weren't impatient or frustrated from time to time. Isn't it great that kids can love unconditionally?! We are excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

I am so excited to see what little treasure the Monday Family will have. I am hoping for a girl for you only because I am partial to girls. I was a little spoiled this week by getting to hold one! And I found a project that I can make for you! But if its a boy I will still be excited for you. Take care and we hope and pray for an easy delivery!

Julie said...

I can't believe you only have 10 days. WOW! I am so excited for you. Sorry to hear your pregnancy has been filled with physical trials. 10 days and you will get your reward! Yahoo!BTW... you look great!

Linds said...

Yaay! A picture! :) And you look great... I love pregnant women! And I highly agree with you about what you said about not worrying about being "fat" during pregnancy. I was the same way! It was so awesome! Whereas now I've noticed that I'm sucking in my belly like all the time, when I was pregnant, I don't think I ever even did that! In fact, I even liked to push it out farther to see how pregnant I could look! haha! I see it as a great benefit of pregnancy.

I am so excited for you to have this baby! Next week! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing the pictures... aaaa! I just love births. :) I think you are a wonderful mom and think it's awesome you've established a regular summer routine with your cute boys! Even if it did take some yelling to get there... ;) it's all good! that was funny about you forgetting your shoes too