Friday, February 13, 2009

Woopsie

Hyrum's new word is 'Woopsie.' This is a very appropriate word for him since he has "Woopsies" all the time. He is constantly climbing and often falling. The other day I caught him standing on the one inch ledge of our fish tank stand playing with the fish (it makes me laugh that our angel fish, Fisher--yes, our children come up with creative names,-- hides behind our fake plants when he sees Hyrum in the vincinity). Later that day, I heard him calling, "Momma, Momma, Momma." I went and found him climbing up the outside of our stairs, half way to the top. As far as I know, he hasn't fallen from these dangerous predicaments (yet), but he is always running and falling and, well, woopsie.

In addition to his climbing and falling, he also spills everything. If he's mad, he spills things on purpose, but most of the time, it's an accident or a lot of fun, sometimes both. Yesterday, I helped Alden in the office with his homework and making valentines for his friends. I heard Thobe say, "No Hyrum, you're making a mess! No, Hyrum! No!" Not wanting to see the mess, I waited to go into the kitchen, secretly hoping that perhaps it magically would clean itself up or that it wouldn't be that bad. After a few minutes, I went in the kitchen to see the damage. It was worse than I imagined. Hyrum took a thing of yogurt and dumped it all over the floor. He then opened the refrigerator (the fridge remained open all that time until I went into the kitchen) and gotten into my precious blueberries. I need to add here that blueberries are my favorite fruit to eat. I found them at Walmart the day before and splurged (they were $3 for a pint, which is a little pricey, but worth every delicious burst of blueberry goodness, that is if the bursting occurs in my mouth or someone else's mouth who loves them almost as much as I do). Hyrum, however, hates blueberries, which may or may not explain why he decided to dump the entire pint of berries onto the floor and stomp on them (my guess is just that it was a whole lot of fun). Needless to say, when I went in the kitchen, saw the open fridge and the disaster that was spread across the floor, my pregnancy hormones got the best of me--don't worry the kids received no bodily harm; I was just very, very sad.

Today the messes have resumed. I had an issue with my insurance company to resolve, so while I was working on that, Hyrum found a container of frosting and frosted himself and much of our hard wood floor in the entry way (thank goodness it wasn't on the carpet). Our picture is somewhat framed (he didn't eat the frosting at the table), but the mess on his face is not.

He is quite the little handful, but usually, all he has to say is "Woopsie" and things don't seem quite so bad.

5 comments:

Janeece said...

TOO CUTE!!Loved the frosting story...had a few of those myself!

Amanda said...

We need to make sure he and Caitlin are never together!! They would be Thing 1 and Thing 2. She dumped an entire bag of flour on the kitchen floor. Her real love is finding a tube of toothpaste and depositing it all over the carpets. Toothpaste, makeup, lotion, salad dressing...you name it, nothing is safe! She also climbs the outside of the stairs. She and Hyrum would tie us up and take over!!!

Becca said...

Yikes! It's hard to keep it together for those messy moments, but especially when you're pregnant. Which, I FORGOT that you were! Woopsie! When is your due date, Meliss?

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

Oh how I remember these days :) I usually did them with pregnancy hormones afflicting me as well. This is why Heavenly Father makes them so doggone cute...it's the only thing that keeps us from "killing them".

I am also convinced in the existence of Guardian Angels. I can't tell you how many times my children were spared in potentially hazardous scenarios that they had gotten themselves into. In fact I think there is more than one and they announce "Look out...Fool coming!"

Just remember "This too shall pass." :)

Kristi said...

Oh, Melissa. What an adventurous life you lead. I love reading your posts. Your boys are such a hoot. You are good to be patient with them. My kids probably would have received bodily harm.