Friday, March 28, 2008

The Ides of Hyrum


Hyrum has become my crazy kid! He is into EVERY- THING! He gets into pots, pans, cups, the dishwasher, food, the toilet, papers, cupboards, pens, markers, toys, remotes, phones, clothes, and, well, you name it, he's into it. Just in the past week, he has hurt himself so badly that he has bled quite badly twice (in one week). He also is very determined and knows exactly what it is that he wants or doesn't want for that matter. Last night he did not want his dad to put him down, and when Michael sat him down on the floor to quickly do something, Hyrum threw himself so hard onto the floor that he cut his lip and bled profusely. He looks so different with a fat lip! He is constantly climbing, pulling, pushing, and running. I really think that he must have a guardian angel that keeps him safe from all his mishaps, and boy, am I grateful for that guardian angel! I can't keep up with him.

Despite being a holy terror right now, he is also so dang sweet! He jabbers and jabbers and jabbers. When I say, "Oh really, Hy?" He says, "Yeah," and then giggles and giggles. It's got to be the cutest thing I've ever heard. I can't get over how cute it is. He also has started singing the ABCs song. He says, "A B C D" really clearly. He also loves to sing, "Oh boy, I got joy." Of course the words aren't super pronounced, but they are certainly discernible and oh so cute! He also loves "I Am a Child of God." Today I was rocking him and he sang something that sounded just like "I am a child of God." It was really cute. I know I've wrote in here before that he loves music, but that love for music grows everyday. It soothes him when we're in the car or at night, and he loves for me to sing to him while I rock him to sleep or stand next to his crib. He also loves to dance, and at church, he likes to grab a hymnal and sing along with whoever is singing. It's so much fun to watch him.

Recently Hyrum has discovered shoes. I don't usually even bother with shoes until the kids are ready to walk around outside, but he discovered them and wants to wear them every chance he gets! I'll attach a video of the third time he tried on boots. I wish I had him on video the first time. It was hilarious, but this is pretty good too!

0 comments: