Friday, December 19, 2008

Introducing TICKLE MONDAY!!!

I have been meaning to write on my blog for quite sometime now, but unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I've had a rough couple of months. As of today, I'm 12 weeks and 2 days pregnant and can say at this point that this is by far the sickest I've been. With all three boys, I felt pretty horrible from 8 weeks along to about 16 weeks. With this pregnancy, I've been sick, really sick, since I was only 5 weeks. I don't remember being this sick with the boys, although my memory may be selective. Surprisingly though, at this point, I am feeling functional on most days (I only have one or two dibilitated days a week at this point), so maybe I'll be feeling back to normal soon--hopefully. By the way, a vitamin B6 and a Pepcid AC two times a day along with a Unisom at night is a great help for morning sickness!

The boys are thrilled about the news. They are sure that it will be a sister for them because as Thobe often says, "I have zero sisters." They are so sure that it will be a girl that they've even gone as far to name the little darling. Both Alden and Thobe call her (assuming it is a her) Tickle, Tickle Monday. I'm sure as most of you can guess, that if I could choose, I would probably ask Heavenly Father to send me a girl. I turned 34 years old a couple days ago and judging from this pregnancy, I'm not so sure how many pregnancies I have left, so I would really love to have a girl; however, you can safely bet if this baby is in fact a girl that her given name will not be Tickle (I do worry that it might be a nickname though--both Michael and I refer to the baby as Tickle now thanks to the boys). I also want to mention that if there is a little boy growing inside of me that we will gladly take him. We are learning boys and are comfortable with them--girls seem pretty foreign to us at this point.

Anyway, I just wanted to share our family's good news. I'm hoping that I will also make a post soon about my parents' recent visit and our Thanksgiving. The boys have also been incredibly cute. I need to keep up on my blog better!!! Oh well, now that I'm functional, for the most part, maybe I can get to important things such as this.

9 comments:

Leigh said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting! I completely understand the non functioning status...that was September and October for me...this time around it lasted until week 19. Hang in there, I know how hard it can be (well maybe not, I only have one kid right now, not 3!). Here's hoping you get a girl! (we just found out we're having another girl). even if her name is Tickle!!!! Merry Christmas

Becca said...

Yay! Congratulations!

I won't remind you that Michael's favorite gender prediction is HERMAPHRODITE. Okay, maybe I will remind you.

I can't wait to meet little Tickle--the nickname is inevitable. If you're looking for name ideas, though, look no further, because I've got some great ones. Whatever happened to Wilhelmina? Or its Mormon counterpart, Brighamina? We should bring these classic female names back.

Shelly said...

That is such great news. I hope you get a girl too. However, I have two and they are both SUCH GIRLS~~~EMOTIONAL!!! Boys are way easier!!

Kevin said...

Congrats!!! Here's hoping for a girl as well. They are definitely a different ball of wax. Thus far my one daughter hasn't been too much to handle, but I do worry about the early teens.

The funny thing is that my boys seem more emotional than my daughter, go figure.

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for you. I know that yearning for a girl feeling. I love Nicholas with all my heart and wouldn't trade him for anything, but I must admit I yearned for him to be a girl in the worse way. If you end up having a boy...I'll be pretty convinced who your role model is ;)

BTW...I'm glad your doctor suggested the B6, Pepcid, and Unisom trick...if they hadn't I would've. Hope you are feeling better soon :)

Romy said...

Fantastic news. Congratulations! I hope you get feeling better soon.

Lisa Alger said...

It's sad that you're not feeling well, but oh sooo happy to hear that you're expecting. I'm sure that you'd love a little girl. David and Sara just found out that their second will be another girl, so now we'll be even with 4 boys and 4 girls. Congratulations!! I hope you have a very merry Christmas!!

Rebecca said...

Oh I'm so excited for y'all! You are such an awesome mom--your kids are really lucky to have you. Good luck and feel better soon (I too can sympathize---I was always so sick during my pregnancies!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy. I am very excited for you and Michael. Smart people should procreate more, and since my wife says I don't qualify somebody has to pick up the slack.

Mzia was very sick when pregnant with Marion, too, much more than with Givi, so if that is any indication you do indeed have a girl.

God Bless,

Bob