Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Second Birthday, Hyrum

Click to play Hyrum's First Two Years
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Yes, I k
now, it's been over a week since Hyrum's birthday, but I wanted to take a few minutes to write about his birthday and how much I love him. As I've said 100 times, Hyrum is a wild kid. He gets into everything and is constantly climbing and grabbing and throwing. Today I cringed as I heard many, many, many different objects being thrown down the stairs. When I asked Thobe what was going on, he started giggling and said, "Mom, Hyrum's throwing everything downstairs!" Everything may have been an exaggeration, but if he could get it into his hand, it was being chucked down the stairs. Despite all my frustration over some of the things he does, Hyrum and I get to spend a lot of time together with the Alden in school all day now, and Thobe in preschool in the morning Monday through Thursday. He also has somehow worked it out that he gets to stay up later than his brothers too, which also means more one-on-one time with me and Michael. Admittedly, I love this time that we have together. We often play and giggle, and he'll turn to me with a very serious look on his face and say, "Blah blah blah blah, bla bla bla bla bla." I'm certain he knows what he's saying, but I don't yet. Nonetheless, I love that he wants to talk to me. I don't want to communicate here that he doesn't say words. He does. Everyday he says something that I didn't know he could say. His most recent, "I know," when I tell him to do something that he doesn't want to do. He very clearly tells us what he wants too. "I want this" or I want that" (usually the this or that is actually what he wants). I love that he loves music. He is always singing a song and especially loves singing the ABC song. The other night, I tried rocking him to sleep. As I sang, he sang along with me. I loved that time! He loves giving kisses and hugs and will wave at everyone in the world whenever we go anywhere. He is such a doll.

He had a really great second birthday. Michael's parents came down to celebrate with us. We had some of Hyrum's favorite food for dinner--mashed potatoes, jello, and meat, and then he opened his presents. His two favorite presents were a keyboard from Grandpa and Abuelita and a horse that he can ride on. I'll attach a video to this post to show his reaction to his horsey. We had a very fun time, and I think I can say this for our whole family when I say that we're so grateful that Hyrum is part of our family.



4 comments:

Becca said...

That horse has such cool yarn hair! What a cutie, Melissa--these kids just make everything perfect, don't they? Happy second birthday, Hyrum!

PS- I WANT a Toldeo Mudhens shirt! I'm not kidding--that is one cool shirt, Michael.

Emily said...

Ah my little Hy Guy is 2. Crazy. Looks like you all had fun and he had a good birthday. Wish I could have been there. Oh well.

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

I absolutely cannot believe Hyrum is two Unbelievable! I guess its time for another one, right? :) Nicholas informed me the other day that I needed to have a baby sister for him...yeah, that won't be happening. As tempting as it might be :) Happy belated birthday Hyrum!

Unknown said...

I think Maria is right a girl would be nice! I can't beleive he is two either. I have a great shot I guess it was about 18 months ago of Hyrum in a car seat and Will coming in close to kiss his cheek. Wow, time flies by. Hope to see you guys soon!