Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thobe Ticklers

Thobe makes me laugh so hard. He has the funniest sense of humor that is so cute! When Eric and Michelle were visiting Ohio, Eric asked Thobe if he was Obi Wan Kenobi (this is Thobe's Star Wars' nickname that Alden gave him when he was almost three years old--he gave a Star Wars' nickname to everyone). Thobe turned to Eric and said, "No, I'm just Thobe. I'm still practicing to be a Jedi." That still makes me laugh.




Thobe loves to get wet and especially loved it when we pulled our outdoor water toys out. He always encourages us to spray him with water. Apparently I haven't been doing that enough because the other day, I found him at the kitchen sink using the sprayer to douse Hyrum and himself with water. They giggled and giggled every time he sprayed.







Thobe started preschool at the end of August. He was very excited to go to school. I'm still getting used to the idea that he's in preschool, but he loves it so that makes me happy. After an extended Labor Day weekend, we approached his school in the van stand (the name Thobe calls our van) so that I could drop him off. He excitedly said, "Oh my school! I've missed you soooo much!" It made me chuckle.



He is really into telling me he's sorry. He tells me he's sorry whenever he's the least bit worried that I'm mad at him. Mostly he apologizes when he has an accident--something that happens still more frequently than it should, but a lot less frequently than it did. He always says, "I'm sorry, Mom, but it's okay, right? I usually say "Wrong" when it's a potty accident. This potty training thing has taken years off my life--urggg. Anyway, I love Thobe's great desire to please me. We went out to Utah for my niece Sierra's baptism. We arrived in Utah at 11:30 p.m. Utah time, 1:30 a.m. Ohio time. Since I was by myself with the three boys (Michael stayed behind because of work), I had to wake Thobe up. He was very cranky. I took him to the bathroom, and he was so grumpy. After he took care of his business, he settled down a little bit. Then he turned to me and said, "Mom, I'm sorry I yelled at you." That took away a lot of stress of flying by myself with three kids.

Thobe also loves to tell people that he likes their shirt. It's really funny, and I have no idea how it started. When we were in Utah, we went and visited Eric and Michelle and their family. Eric, Michelle, and I went out for sushi and when we came back, I asked where Thobe was. Alden said he was outside, and I found him out on the top of the play structure unable to get down (Ethan and Charity had a big responsibility watching 10 kids). Anyway, I ran and got him and he was crying, freezing and had wet his pants. I hugged him really tight when I got him down. As we were walking to the house, he said between gulps for air from crying, "I like your shirt, Mom. I love you." What a sweetheart!

0 comments: