Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hyrum's Personality

I don't know if I've ever known a kid that is quite like my little Hyrum. He can be such a little monkey and then one of the sweetest little guys you've every laid eyes on. He loves to give hugs and kisses and says, "Uv ou" regularly (I'm pretty sure he means "I love you"). Often I'll be holding him, and he'll lean his head way back and pucker his lips until I kiss him. It's really sweet. When the boys go to school, he walks around the house say, "Obe! Ooobe! Ooooobe! A'den! A'den! A'di!" It's very cute. When it's time to pick Thobe up from school, I say should we pick Thobe up, and he happily says, "Yes!" When Alden's bus is ready to drop him off, I say, "Do you want to see Alden?" He eagerly replies in the affirmative to that too. Perhaps his favorite person in the whole wide world is Michael though. For some reason he's started calling him, "Papa." It's so darn cute to hear this little boy yell out, "Papa!" as soon as he sees his daddy walk through the door. He is glued to his daddy for the first few minutes that he's home. I guess I'm pretty high on his list too. When he's sad, he calls for his mama, and whenever he wants anything he says, "Mama, mama" over and over and over again. He also loves his grandparents and calls for "Grandpa" regularly.

Hyrum's vocabulary has really exploded. He talks so much lately and is adding new words to his repertoire of words on a regular basis. Yesterday a few of the words he said for the first time that I noticed were "Applesauce," "Apple," and "Uh Oh Fall down." He is constantly telling us "No." He started doing that while we were in Utah. He used to just shake his head no, but now he shakes his head and adamantly tells us, "No, no, no, no!" He also recently started saying thank you. He says it so, so, so cute. Phonetically he says, "A-Choo." It seems that he is always thirsty. He constantly walks around the house asking us for agua. In church he's especially boisterous. As soon as the bread for the Sacrament is passed, he starts calling for agua. The longer it takes to get to him, the louder he gets. Everyone in the ward knows that Hyrum can say "water" in Spanish.

Hyrum's favorite place in the world is to be outside. He loves to ride bikes, play basketball and baseball, and push a little Winnie the Pooh bike and Tonka truck around the driveway. He could do it for hours and hours and hours. He also enjoys playing in our sand box and just walking around in the grass. This year he also discovered the joy of eating an ear of corn. Corn on the cob is now one of his favorite foods. He also loves bananas, fruit snacks, crackers, and yellow cheese--another few of his favorite words.

Hyrum gets into everything, loves to watch his hands, loves to see how things work, and is my little sweetheart. I feel so blessed that he's my boy.

0 comments: