Monday, January 28, 2008

Hyrum in January 2008


It's so funny to me that I have three incredible kids, and I love all three of them so much. That sounds like a strange thing for a mother to say, I know, but I just can't get over how much I love these little guys. Each one of them is so special to me. Hyrum is no exception. He is so snuggly and loves to say "hola" to everyone. Yesterday in church, he stood up on the bench, facing everyone behind us. He began waving at everyone he could see, and in his loud sweet voice, yelled, "Hola! Hola! Hola!" It was so cute--distracting, yet very cute. He really has a smile that lights up the entire room. He also loves music!!! If he's crying in the van, all I have to do is to put on music and immediately he calms down. He loves to dance! We took him to a Toledo Rockets Basketball game on Saturday and that little guy went crazy any time the band played. I am not sure where he gets it, but Hyrum definitely has rhythm. We'll have to post a video of him dancing. It is very entertaining!






Oddly enough, he loves anything that hums or makes noise, especially the vacuum. He'd spend his entire day trying to figure out how the vacuum works. He is fascinated by it. He is very interested in anything that makes noise, especially his brothers. The three of them together can really raise the roof. My favorite thing is to see the three of them together laughing and laughing at one another. They are so sweet together. Hyrum loves giving them hugs, but he is not into long hugs. When the hug exceeds its limit, he very adamantly pushes his hugging brother away (which is usually Thobe). Hyrum and Thobe spend a lot of time together with Alden at school all day. They really have a lot of fun playing with dinosaurs and Superheros (Thobe does all the talking, while Hyrum sucks the paint off the toys--if anyone hears anything about lead paint in Superman toys, dinosaurs, or Spiderman paraphernalia, please don't tell me unless you also have information on how to detoxify children who have eaten lead paint--our once nicely painted toys are now not so nicely painted--Hyrum puts everything in his mouth).




Hyrum has also become smitten with tearing everything apart. As I type, I hear him upstairs with Alden tearing the pans out of the kitchen drawers. The other day while I was making dinner, I didn't notice him pulling all the pans out of the oven drawer. I heard him blab blab blabbing about something and looked down to find him happily pounding on the floor while he sat in a frying pan. I told him that I thought we were having chicken, but I now see that we are having Hyrum for dinner. He gave me a happy cheesy grin and let me take a "Hyrum for dinner" picture. He is so funny and cute!



Perhaps the funniest things about this little 14 month old is that he knows what he wants and want he doesn't want. If he doesn't want something he aggressively pushes it away and shakes his head "NO." If he does want something, he lunges and points and leans to let you know what it is. He convincingly pleads and clearly says, "Hold you," if he wants Michael or me to hold him. He can clearly ask for his milk. He also is very inquisitive and will often say, "What's that?" when he wants to know what something is, or "Who's that?" when he wants to know who someone is. He also can ask similar questions in Spanish and often says, "Agua," and "Esto?" particularly to Michael. He calls both Alden and Thobe "Ah den" and can say Mommy and Daddy too. He is really a remarkable little boy. We are so very happy that he is part of family and think that he's amazing!

1 comments:

Becca said...

He really is adorable--he looks more like your side of the family than Alden and Thobe. I love having a one-year-old . . . it's such a nice stage.