Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Mom, You Are My Brother"

Jacob loves his brothers. He misses them when they are away from him and mimics everything they do. He adores them. The word "brother" means more than another boy born to the same parents to Jacob, but it also means a very close friend.

This more distinct definition first became apparant to me when we went out to Utah. Michael bought the boys an insane amount of Superfriends videos for the boys to watch in the car. They seriously watched at least 15 hours worth of Superfriends videos on long voyage--I should make a post about our super fun trip in late July early August. Anyway, when we got in the van to drive up to Michael's sister's house in Northern Utah from Southern Utah, Jacob yelled, "I want to watch Superman and Brudders." Michael and I got a laugh out of that and thought it was sweet that he considers his brothers to be friends.

Just the other day, we went to Costco. We were waiting for our friends to do something at the customer service desk. Jacob was sitting in the cart and reached out and hugged my arm tight to his body. In the snuggliest, sweetest, sincerest voice, he whispered, "Mom, you are my brudder. I wub you."

He is my sweet brudder too. I sure love that little guy.

2 comments:

Lisa Alger said...

Sooo cute. Gotta cherish those moments.

Becca said...

Awwww . . . that really is sweet, Melissa! These boys don't know how much we need those little moments.