Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Questions

Hyrum is my most inquisitive kid so far. Alden and Thobe took the world at face value; Hyrum does not. Why did God want me to be a boy, Mom? Why are my eyes brown? Why did Papi marry you? When will Gefil come back alive (Gefil is Michael's grandfather who recently passed away). After a litney of questions, Hyrum often says, "I have a lot of questions, Mom."

His question today really made me laugh. In the middle of a barage of questions, Hyrum asked, "Mom, when are Grandpa and A-Leeta (Hyrum's way of saying abuelita in Spanish) going to have kids?" I usually try not to laugh at his questions, but I just imagined Hyrum being frustrated that his grandparents had failed to produce children for him to play with. I told him that they already had kids. "Really?" he asked. "Where are they?"

"Well," I responded, "Papi is one of Abuelita and Grandpa's kids.

"Oh yeah," he replied, as if he had just remembered. "Who else is Grandpa and A-Leeta's kid?"

I reminded him that his aunt Michelle is also one of their children. He was satisfied with that and wondered if his grandparents had any more kids. I told him that they only had two kids. Hyrum pulled his silly Hyrum face and then said, "Mom when are Grandpa and Aleeta going to have a brother for Papi?"

I need to call my in-laws and tell them that according to Hyrum that they've got some unexpected work to do. Now that Chris is retiring, maybe they'll have the time.

1 comments:

Lisa Alger said...

Soooo cute! Gotta love how their little minds work. Ashton (JZ's oldest) was watching a story about someone that was born without arms or legs and then asked his mom why she was born without arms or legs - did Jesus just run out?

They also can't figure out why I don't have a 'daddy' and kids too. I keep telling them they need to help me find him and they don't know how to respond to that ; - )