Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An Update on Hyrum's Amazingness

About a week ago I wrote a post about Hyrum using the potty (I just posted it today, however). I am happy to report that despite a very bad virus that knocked me off my feet and has affected my children in one form or another that Hyrum continues to impress us with using the bathroom. Since Sunday, he's spent most of the day with dry underwear or a dry diaper (he only likes to wear underwear on the days that Michael is home). He comes to us and tells us that he needs to pee or poop and then begins to strip. Oddly, he now will only use the potty if he's as naked as a jay bird, but hey, whatever works for him works for me. Not having to change a dirty diaper or even a wet one for that matter is like manna from heaven for me. I'm hoping for continued success.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Congratulations and best wishes on continued success. What a blessing to have an 'easy' potty trainer after all your previous struggles.

Kristi said...

Yeah, Hyrum!!! What a blessing for you! I dread potty training, too. I hope you guys are all feeling better!

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

Don't you feel like you have won the war?