Friday, March 27, 2009

Announcing my Two New Nieces (I'm only a month late)

On March 2, 2009, my sister Kristi gave birth to her two newest daughters, Elizabeth Ann and Mary June. Poor Kristi was nearly 39 weeks when her babies were born and was measuring over 50 centimeters--needless to say, she was very, very uncomfortable. Nonetheless, early Monday morning, her body coudn't take any more and her water broke. By 1:00 in the afternoon, her two newest daughters were born naturally weighing in at 7 lbs 7 oz. and 7 lbs. 2 oz. The nurses said that they've never seen two more healthy twins.

From what I've heard, life with twins has been an adjustment, but they are all doing well. Michael ofte
n wishes that we were having twins (he even went so far to tell me that he married the wrong Humphries girl), but after hearing all of Kristi's stories, I'm glad that we're just expecting one little Tickle. I'm really proud of Kristi for all she's doing and miss her and her family terribly! Ryan is blessing the twins this weekend, and I'm so, so, so bummed that I'm not going to be there. I love Ohio, but man, it's times like these that I wish we were closer. Congratulations, Kristi and Ryan. I hope you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers and heart. I love and miss you!

1 comments:

Steph said...

Please tell Kristi congratulations from me. What an incredible woman to deliver TWO babies over 7 lbs. each! I can't imagine! They are beautiful!